What You Say When You Write A
Letter Of Congratulations
Edited by Gene Griessman, Ph.D.
Here is a sample letter of congratulations written by family member that can be adapted to many situations. You can well imagine how this message would be welcomed by a child, a teenager after a public performance.
“Last night a star was born. After years of dance school and hours of practice, you weren’t just my niece anymore. You were a dancer and a sensational one, too. How is it possible for you to get up on your toes like that and still look so graceful? Put me down for tickets the next time you perform.”
Here is another sample message of congratulations that is less specific, but is much shorter.
Don’t be put off because it is short—just two lines. If you write it carefully on expensive note paper, the impact on the reader can be powerful. This particular sample message of congratulations is not limited to a performance at a recital. It can be sent as a business message after a sales presentation, etc.
“You were spectacular (or terrific, or stunning, etc.) last night (or whenever).
I’m just glad I was there to see it.”
Excerpted and adapted from Veronica Deisler and Marylou Ambrose “The Complete Idiot’s Guide to The Right Words for Any Occasion”
–Gene Griessman is an internationally known keynote speaker, actor, and consultant. His video “Lincoln on Communication” is owned by thousands of corporations, libraries, and government organizations. He has spoken at conventions all over the world. To learn more about his presentations, contact us at 404-256-5927 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Don’t leave yet. Whatyousay.com is full of great advice from very wise individuals. Check out the other great articles. You’re already here. Why rush off? We guarantee you’ll be a better communicator and more successful if you invest your time here.
WHATYOUSAY.COM WEBSITE SPECIAL!
IMAGINE HAVING THESE BOOKS, CDs, AND VIDEOS ON YOUR BOOKSHELF!
You will be delighted!
We guarantee it. With a lifetime return guarantee!
You won’t believe how much you receive for your investment!
You will treasure this collection for years!
YOU WILL BE THRILLED WHEN YOU OPEN THE PACKAGE!
1. “AN EVENING WITH ABRAHAM LINCOLN” Splendid 4-camera shoot at the Georgia Dome; color
2. “THE WORDS LINCOLN LIVED BY” An acclaimed treasury of Lincoln quotations
3. “TIME TACTICS OF VERY SUCCESSFUL PEOPLE” Regarded world-wide as one of the greatest time management books ever.
4. MEM-CARDS 10 techniques to improve your communication skills
5. “99 WAYS TO GET MORE OUT OF EVERY DAY” CD You will start making better use of your time immediately.
6. ”LESSONS FROM LEGENDS” Listen to insider secrets from exclusive interviews with Ronald Reagan, Aaron Copland, Julie Andrews, Tennessee Williams, Ray Charles, Jack Nicklaus, Hank Aaron, and many others. CD; 1 hour
7. “LINCOLN SPEAKS TO LEADERS” Lincoln’s thoughts brought to life and applied to daily activities
8. “LINCOLN’S WISDOM” The Gettysburg Address, plus many more excerpts from the acclaimed one-man play, CD, two discs, 2.5 hours
9. “LINCOLN ON COMMUNICATION” Perfect for self-study; ideal for seminar or classroom use—comes with a teacher/trainer guide DVD and CD, 1 hour ($120 if purchased separately)
Good Silver Special $85 Items 1-7 ($105 if purchased separately)
Better Gold Special $180 Items 1-8 ($340 if purchased separately)
Bonus! 30-minute telephone coaching session with Dr. Gene Griessman–complimentary with this selection.
Best Platinum Special $240 Items 1-9 ($460 if purchased separately)
Bonus! One-hour telephone coaching session with Dr. Gene Griessman–complimentary with this selection.
FREE SHIPPING IN THE U.S. FOR SILVER, GOLD, AND PLATINUM SPECIALS!